Friday, October 15, 2010

Why Ban Cameras from Concerts

“No cameras or recording devices.”

That’s what was printed on the face on my Gorillaz concert ticket for last night’s show. Which greatly pissed me off because this was one band that I really wanted to get some decent photos of. Because god bless Apple, but the iPhone camera is a huge piece of shit.

And therein lies the irony. Mobile phones have become so advanced that they really have become recording devices. My brother got some decent video footage off his BlackBerry and apparently he wasn’t alone. I went on YouTube and did a search for Gorillaz, Toronto and there’s 86 videos posted. 86! In less than 24 hours.

Check it out for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Gorillaz%2C+Toronto&aq=f

So, seriously, why ban real cameras. It’s just stupid.

(Oh, and in case you were wondering, the show was far more than a concert. It was an epic spectacle with probably 25+ musicians, amazingly funny animated videos and Damon Alborn at his finest. Truly, one of the best shows I’ve ever witnessed).

And that’s my abbreviated brainfart for Friday, October 15, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment